Monday, September 14, 2009

Mommy Diaries Part 4

Recently, Avery has become almost obsessed with using (and over-using) our names. She will search for any reason to use them. She creates opportunities to utter them aloud. She even addresses us as 'mommy daddy' or 'daddy mommy' as an excuse just to hear them as spoken words. She incorporates them into songs; replacing the words to many a childhood nursery rhyme or melody with mommy mommy mommy mommy (to the tune of London Bridges Falling Down) or daddy daddy daddy daddy (depending on the mood).

The people that these names represent are so comforting and meaningful to her that she finds a way to incorporate them into every sentence she constructs (often whether they are contextually appropriate or not).

Oh, how I long to become a follower who seeks out ways to incorporate the name of my holy Heavenly Father in every statement I utter; to bring Him into conversations in which He may have never been otherwise introduced; to constantly sing a melody of praise to Him in my heart and on my lips...as the worship of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment