Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mommy Diaries Part 1

A friend of mine has a blog entitled "In my daughter's eyes...I catch a glimpse of how much God loves me." This statement is so true of my life, as well. The following are simple little every day occurances that parallel the parenting relationship that we experience as Christ's followers. They have "Avery flare" written all over them; however, be advised...


The walls within our home constantly echo with the sounds of a bossy little 2 year old voice; barking instructions: "Go line up at the door, mommy!", "No, you sit here, daddy!", "Two hands on the wheel, mommy!"...I find myself repeating the following phrase - "Avery, you are NOT the boss." And yet, in her mind, she dictates her behavior (and admittedly everyone else's) out of personal desire and choice. She thinks her way is best! She perceives her reality as a self-centered universe.

How much do I handle myself that way with my Heavenly Father? So busy barking instructions and issuing commands that I forget the reality that I am NOT the boss! I don't have to stress out about how things are going to work out at church, with our finances, or our family plans because God is in control; only He is the boss. As much as I desire to be in control, in the flesh, He holds my life in the palm of His hand and repeatedly yet patiently admonishes, "Emily, you are NOT the boss."

No comments:

Post a Comment